Followers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hmmmmmmm......

I have spent a part of tonight trying to figure out why I feel like I am sabatoging my own goals.  I have been struggling to lose weight for some time now and I have realized that in my own way I am trying to make myself fail.  I know what it takes to lose the weight slowly and safely, I know that it takes time and I know that I am doing this for me and nobody else.  I realized that I am mostly focusing on all of the things that I can't have and maybe that is part of the detour/sabotage.  Of course I have to eliminate some things for a while - they are part of the reason that I have gained weight over the years.  I know that I can have the odd treat but why can't I just buckle down and do this?  I want this badly and I feel like I am on the fence and afraid to pick a side.  I know that my health can suffer if I don't do anything and I know that being in TOPS is helping me not to gain even more weight but I am wondering if I am afraid to really try and that I am focusing on the past attempts and "failures" from other dieting roads taken.  I guess it all comes down to this:  If I really want to lose the weight - I have to buckle down and really, really, really try.  I hope I can still count on my good friends to help me and encourage me because you may have your work cut out for you!  We will have to see how this goes.

On a "lighter" note, I plan to do some work on the wolf and to also relax as much as I can over the weekend and I hope everyone can enjoy the Family Day holiday in one way or another.  I know I will enjoy the day as well.

Happy Stitching!!

2 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

I lost a bunch of weight years ago and it is a daily struggle for me. One thing I can tell you though...it doesn't matter how much you "want" to lose it, you can beat yourself up till the cows come home but it won't happen until it "happens" in your mind. Once that clicks you'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about!
Good luck my friend.

Maureen said...

I agree so much with Peggy Lee - i've been faffing about for the last two or three years trying to shift some weight but last autumn finally got "in the zone" headed back to weight watchers and so far have lost a stone. What i would say is forget about the past and any "failures" you feel you have had and just focus on one day at a time, that's what gets me through it (especially being stuck in an office all day with loads of chocolate lying around lol!) Hope this helps.

Blog Archive


Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh Shit!